Smile for the camera!!

Smile for the camera!!
Problem, officer?

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An Idea is Born

Now that my minigame is finished, it is time for me to begin work on my actual game, beginning with the planning. I am envisioning a platformer, where the player will fight druggies to rescue his kidnapped girlfriend, whom the druggies intend to sell for drug money. I want to make my game fun AS WELL AS have it contain a social statement, so this project may be very difficult. If I simply wanted the grade, I would just throw together a boring and ineffective amalgam of facts and well-known snippets of advice onto a click-to-advance background, but besides getting me a good grade, this would be crud. No one surfing the web for games wants to play that. However, I wish to do something truly great with this project.

Now I know you might be thinking that that is against the rules. It most likely is, as educational games aren't really even ALLOWED to be fun, but if no one ever tried, then we wouldn't be where we are as a people, would we? (Some might say that it would be an improvement if we weren't, but whatever.)


Success Kid has been posted, in anticipation of the great success of my project.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck man, Let me know when it's done and I will be the first to play it. GO PJ!

    ReplyDelete